Labels

Friday, January 1, 2010

God's Power & Light District


We had quite a night in going to the final night of the onething09 conference at Bartle Hall put on by IHOP-KC. We got down there in time for the meeting on IHOPU. We found the room just in time, but I quickly decided that this was not a good forum to ask about my acceptance and later rejection (withdrawal of acceptance).

We went back to the main area, found some seats, checked out the bookstore and had time to enjoy the atmosphere. I was able to share my inspiration (see previous blog) on a "giant Jesus" with arms outstretched with His heart matching the IHOP symbol behind the stage. I shared this with an artist connected with IHOP who seemed interested, but he encouraged Peggy to maybe paint this picture. I know that it made for a powerful image to use for intercessory prayer to pray that a light wave matched the beating of Jesus' heart and this light wave touched the souls of all 20,000+ in attendance in helping them overcome the adversary and obstacles in their lives.

I picked up a couple of books--40 days of Prayer and Fasting by Mahesh Chavda (there was only 2 left) and Messiah: First Judgment, Chronicles of Brothers, fictional book about Archangels Gabriel, Michael, and Lucifer. The latter book was on sale for $5, and I loved Wendy Alec's Journal of the Unknown Prophet about the vision she saw of the last days.

We were able to get some supper, meet an interesting guy from Alaska named Scott, and go to the bathroom before the 7pm session started. I even had a chance to go back and get Mike Bickle's commentary on the Book of Revelation. I picked up a couple of late Christmas gifts for Peggy (or early New Year's gifts) including another Misty Edwards' CD and prophetic/devotional CD that was on sale.

It's hard to describe the energy and fun and prayer and prophetic experiences that was onthing09 in downtown KC with IHOP-KC. It was quite an experience with all the joy, passion, great worship. We got to know a couple from Olathe next to us and a group of believers that had come all the way from Hong Kong. They had a time of praying for persons around you, and it was a great way to become close to strangers next to you. I know that I appreciated the prayers over me. One IHOP event staff (volunteer?) prayed over me and told me that he got that it was a time of "demarcation" for me and that "a seed was planted in deep rich soil" "for kingdom purposes". I prayed over the guy next to us and told him that I thought God was calling him like King David as a mighty prayer warrior who takes on the "Goliath's" (giants) that intimidate others and put them in fear.

Peggy was prayed over by wife of guy which I got a prophetic word for. She described it as almost like electrical feeling bursts of energy into her. She also saw the inspiration that Bill, the IHOP artist, had with my testimony of seeing a "giant Jesus" with arms outstretched toward the persons there. It was a great way to take out 2009 in prayer, praise, worship, and challenge, and a great way to bring in the New Year of 2010 with prayer, praise, and worship to our Lord and Savior Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment