Labels

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Covenant with God


My covenant with God is pretty simple. I felt a calling to this area in 1996, but I kept denying the pull the Spirit to come to this area. In 2006-2007, my life in Ohio disintegrated with the loss of my marriage, my contact with my stepson (closest thing to my own child), my job, my ministry as a priest in my church, and I was in the process of losing my house. I was depressed and felt lost–going through that “wilderness” experience of feeling separated from God. I refused to take communion in my shame and guilt over the fallout from my failed marriage and due to getting involved with women that I should not have. Every door in Ohio closed so that the only door open was to come to Missouri.

A little over 3 years later, I am in a completely different place. I testify that God is good, so very good. My covenant is simple: I focus on the dreams of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I have placed my personal dreams (of family, children, ministry) and my wants in His hands; my focus in my life is on His dreams, His dreams for His people, for this city, for ministry. He takes better care of my dreams and needs than I can and ever have. For example, since the end of 2006, I desired to go on a mission trip to Mexico with a group with whom I am associated. This trip came to pass in 2009 just as God promised the year before in 2008.

It is a struggle, at times, because my desires and my will still subtly try to “sneak” into His Will and my actions. I do not give into feelings of helplessness, hopelessness, depression, and despair the way that I used to do. In place of these, my Lord and King calls me to intercession, calls me to prayer, calls me to walk out my faith. He has blessed me so much with a grace for fasting and mighty prayer (“prayer the Spirit works through you”), grace for a prophetic walk with dreams and spiritual experiences, grace for my calling as a priest, prophet, and prayer warrior, grace for seeking, finding, and building, grace for preaching hope and Jesus as the Living Word, grace for being with the right persons at the right time–Faith Bible College, Ebony & Ivory Ministries, Contemporary Christian Ministries, and more.

My passion is for endowment which is based on Luke 24:49–“...tarry ye in Jerusalem until you be endued with power from on high...” I know this as endowment, but it can have many names such as outpouring of the Spirit, anointing, unction, revival, mighty move of God, baptism of the Spirit and fire and more. My life and prayers center on this concept and seeking, knocking, asking, and claiming in the name of Jesus Christ

My church has a prophetic background and history. Part of the background is a calling for a “school of prophets”. This, unfortunately, has not been realized. However, I feel blessed by the Spirit and an inquisitive friend in being led to Faith Bible College as a “school of Spirit” and “school of prophets”. In a few short months, I have been blessed with physical, emotional, and spiritual healings, blessed with a place of new friends and family and teachers, blessed with walking in a calling on my life for many years, blessed in having the gift of tongues opened to me, blessed in being challenged in my stewardship and tithing of time, talent, treasure, and truth (thanks Rev. Dr. Moody), and being blessed with a desire to walk out my baptismal (water, Spirit, fire) covenant, callings, discipleship, and vision with new friends, mentors, and fellow students and teachers at Faith Bible College. My gratitude and thanksgiving in God and the leading of the Spirit grows with my life “Be-attitudes” and blessings..

1 comment:

  1. I did this paper for my Final for Covenants class. I got an 'A' on it. =^)

    ReplyDelete