Labels

Monday, May 24, 2010

Removing satan's seat assignment 1

Assignment: Why are you taking this class? What do you expect to receive from this class?

I am taking this class because the nine hours of this class will give me enough to graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Ministry of the Prophet for next year’s F. B. C. graduation. I already have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Toledo in Ohio. I am presently an unemployed Registered Nurse in Missouri (used to be an R.N./B.S.N. in Ohio–to give you a little of my background). This education plan sets me up to take 5 classes each term to be able to get my first Master’s degree, Ministry of the Prophet. This would put me on track to graduate with my first Doctorate degree in Ministry of the Prophet in May 2012. I had the honor of ushering the graduation so I am motivated to get my first doctorate as soon as possible and to work at becoming an instructor at Faith Bible College in the future.

Plus, I am taking this course because it is in the morning on Monday’s which allows me to be able to go to church services (First People congregation–Native American ministries) on Monday nights at 6:30 pm in Kansas City. I am not Native American myself, but I have many friends among them including a mother figure (“adopted church mom”) and mentor who is a leader among them.

In addition, I wanted to take a course with my friend and fellow church member, Jana, who is a fellow student in this class. Since spring classes, I have been interested in this book, Removing satan’s Seat, and what it is about in relation to spiritual warfare. [I know that it is improper English and grammar to not capitalize a proper name and book title. However, I do not want to give any respect whatsoever to the devil.] This is mostly due to Dr. Zalmer Nichol’s (Dr. Nick’s) recommendations in (Blood) Covenants class during 2010 Spring Term for Faith Bible College, my first term of classes . He spoke about Pastor John Posey addressing why so many churches (especially in the U.S.) seem mostly powerless and weak and what we can do about it (“removing satan’s seat”) and these demonic influences within churches. It definitely caught my interest in regards to deliverance personally and with churches in general.

Dr. Nichols has spoken about the spiritual attacks on Faith Bible College instructors teaching spiritual warfare and deliverance. I walk in the ministry of priest/prophet/prayer warrior (intercessor). This puts me on the “front lines” in regards to spiritual attacks and ministry with Faith Bible College and with Ebony & Ivory Ministries. I received a Rhema word of knowledge in 2003: “Randall, you have been in the midst of a great struggle in your life. A battle between the forces of the universe has been waging and you have overcome that battle. You have chosen to follow the Lord Jesus though the warriors [demonic] have been valiant in trying to tear you from that decision.” The struggle and battle(s) in my life continue. In 2008, I experienced the worst spiritual attack of my life while leading the prayer support for a mission trip to Mexico. This attack “put me out of commission” in a manner of speaking for 1 ½ months with allergy and sinusitis symptoms and initially tremendous back & neck pain. I called for the Elders 3-4 times (James 5:14) in 2 days with a prophetic woman telling me about 8 black arrows, which she removed, including labels of “mono” in my back.. I had warnings of this attack through dreams and other means (due to pride and other circumstances like living in a house under demonic influences).

At this point, we have had one class with Dr. M., and I have read up to the section in the book that covers “Pride”. We discussed a number of things in class including our reasons for taking this class and what we hoped to get out of it. I was thrilled that most everyone seemed to get into the discussion of the topic already. One brother felt lead to point to the deliverance (by Paul and Jesus and Spirit) story in Acts 16 with the young woman in Philippi who had a spirit (demonic) of divination. We discussed how the spirit would mislead and draw attention through proclaiming the truth (not unlike devil in attempting to tempt Jesus in wilderness by quoting Scriptures–Matt. 4:1-11, Luke 4:1-13, Mark 1:12-13). It, among other things like leaving a cult (another student in class) focused on demons everywhere, provided some great material to discuss the importance of “removing satan’s seat” in our lives, our churches, and our communities. I expect to learn and claim what Jesus said when the 70 returned (Luke 10): “...I beheld satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” (Luke 10:18-19)

1 comment:

  1. I got to go first in class because we had my friend, Ben, teach the class. It was a great class with a prophetic word, great discussion, and listening to why we're taking the class. Good praying for needs before class and at end of class!

    ReplyDelete