Labels

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Judgment

Randall Q. Lawrence
Faith Bible College
Removing satan’s seat
Sister (Dr.) S.
7/12/2010

Homework Assignment 6: Judgment (Extra assignment based on what happened in last class)

First, one problem that I noticed with the last class was that we did not have a prayer to start out. I prayed in my head, but a class on spiritual warfare needs to be covered in prayer (and fasting). I really believe the reason that the class ended in judgment rather than rejoicing over the goodness and blessings and activity of God was partly due to the last class lacking the opening prayer and a more respectful attitude (not to mention a break).

Second, I did spend the next couple days being quite angry over my fellow ministers and students attacking my home situation rather than rejoicing with me over what God had done in my life in the form of deliverance and blessing my friendship that has turned into a betrothal and will turn into a marriage this Friday, July 16, 2010 here at Faith Bible College. I felt like I had “cast my pearls before swine to be trampled underfoot” (Matthew 7:6 KJV “Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.”) I am not calling my fellow ministers “swine”, but they acted like the above.

I had brought up good news about my deliverance and freeing of my prayer language and had spoken about my engagement to my best friend who I live or co-habit with in an apartment together. My fellow ministers, George and Brenda (?) proceeded to get on me about the “appearance of evil” based on 1 Thessalonians 5:22 KJV “Abstain from all appearance of evil.” They ignored my “pearls” of deliverance, freeing of prayer tongue, and engagement and proceeded right to judgment. If I visited them for counseling because they were my pastor, it would have been the last counseling session ever with them, and I would have left their church for good.

To counter their charges of “appearance of evil”, I would bring up John 4 with the story of the Samaritan woman at the well. This woman had 5 husbands and was living with a 6th man that was not her husband. Jesus offered this woman “living water”, but He did not instruct her to go marry her partner and only then would He provide this water. This is the one case I can think of where Jesus addressed someone cohabiting (living together) without being married. He did not speak to her in judgment the way that George and the other minister (African-American female) spoke to me in judgment. I did not judge her over her situation with her father, and I have not judged George over his ministerial testimonies. George stated that he only speaks as the Spirit motivates. This statement I do judge and find lacking in regards to the “attack” on me on June 28, 2010. Jesus warned about only using righteous judgment (Matthew 7:1-2) which I felt they both were lacking at the end of the last class. It is interesting that the ostracized, cohabiting woman became the evangelist to the whole town for Christ! (See John 4 especially John 4:39 “...many Samaritans believed...’) In my opinion, the words and example of Jesus trump the word of Paul taken out of context.

I did speak with Dr. Nick due to my anger and frustration over the situation as did Carla, a fellow student in the class. He expressed that 1 Thessalonians 5:22 is over-used and often used as a club. Information that was lacking includes that my fiancee Peggy and I have been in pre-marital classes with Dr. Nick for months. I am also accepted as an “armor bearer” and fellow minister for Ebony & Ivory. Peggy is supervisor of the dining area for Ebony & Ivory. Dr. Nick is aware of our home situation and has worked with us without unrighteous judgment based in ignorance like what I experienced in the last class. He wanted me to let it go like Paul let go of the snake in the fire and did not experience any ill effects. I was upset for awhile, but I worked through it. I will think twice about taking direction from George as a more senior minister. I will do as I feel led by the Spirit because I have to hold his judgment of always speaking as Spirit gives utterance as suspect because I know that he did not with the end of the last class. I do appreciate that you did not participate or sanction the “attack” on me by my fellow students and ministers. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment