Labels

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Rebellion

Randall Q. Lawrence
Faith Bible College
Removing satan’s seat
Sister (Dr.) S.
6/16/2010

Homework Assignment 4: Rebellion

One of my favorite parables is the Prodigal Son story found in Luke 15. For much of my life, I have been like the older son (“Where my party?”) in relation to others. I did have a rebellious moment. I grew up in the church–going back 6 generations. I was told that my great, great grandfather, Charles Cramer, had the Spirituals gifts of Tongues and Interpretation. I tried to always do what I was called to do, but there was very little effect and very little fruit.

In May 2004, I was ordained as a minister of my church with the authority to preach, serve communion, baptize, marry, and teach. I had been speaking and praying and participating in church for years. There would be inspirational moments here and there, but there was really very little of the Spirit or Power of God at work in the church. We would have some strife at times, but my church, back home, did not represent much of a threat to the kingdom of the devil and world in general.

I had gotten married, had a young stepson, had a house for us, was working a good job with good money. It all unraveled in early 2006. Despite attending both our churches, praying for my marriage, it came undone when she had gotten rather “nasty” and accusatory with me. A co-worker explained how her husband had done the same thing to her while cheating on her. I went home after work and asked her point-blank about cheating on me. She paused, and I immediately knew the answer. We tried to work it out, but it came apart from September 2005 to February 2006.


Following this situation and broken heart more over loss of stepson who I dearly loved, I went into a period of rebellion. Most of my life I had done things properly and morally and had nothing to show for it so I began a period where I just did not care. Kind of like the “prodigal son”, I knew about my loving Father. I, however, no longer cared. I got involved with two married women, one right after another. It was not a good situation. Both of the married women had children by different fathers so it was not a good situation. I just did not care and did it to get some affection even from the wrong persons in the wrong way.

I recall a dream from this period. I do not recall whether it was before, during, or after. I believe that it was before the above situation. In the dream, I was being seduced by two beautiful women. These women quickly turned ugly and mean then became like “black holes” sucking the life right out of me. Shortly, after these situations, I confessed to my pastor, turned in my minister’s card, and went on suspension. Proverbs 6:32 KJV “But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul.” This dream was fitting for the situation. My prodigal situation continued with the loss of my job and impending loss of my house. All of my doors in Ohio closed, and I felt God calling me to Missouri. (In reality, I feel God called me to Missouri back in 1996, but I resisted–more rebellion I suppose).

To make a long story short, I came for a church conference here in Independence in 2007. I argued with God about taking communion. I realized the main problem of forgiveness was with myself and not with God and His Grace. I then moved out here. I began ministering at a little store-front ministry in the Westport area of KC, MO. My ministerial license was restored, and this “prodigal son and older son” began to understand the infinite mercy and grace of his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. This journey has called me on some twists and turns that have brought me.

No comments:

Post a Comment