Labels

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Pride

Randall Q. Lawrence
Faith Bible College
Removing satan’s seat
Sister (Dr.) S.
6/16/2010

Homework Assignment 3: Section 2:Dangers of Pride

I have decided to apply these topics to situations that I have experienced in my life and in my ministry. The lesson that I learned on pride involves the situation that I referred to for our assignment regarding why we are taking this class:

“In 2008, I experienced the worst spiritual attack of my life while leading the prayer support for a mission trip to Mexico. This attack “put me out of commission” in a manner of speaking for 1 ½ months with allergy and sinusitis symptoms and initially tremendous back & neck pain. I called for the Elders 3-4 times (James 5:14) in 2 days with a prophetic woman telling me about 8 black arrows, which she removed, including labels of “mono” in my back.. I had warnings of this attack through dreams and other means[, but I ignored these warnings] due to pride and [because of] other circumstances like living in a house under demonic influences.”

I truly fit the Proverbs 16:18 KJV “Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.” One of the Elders told me that “I ran ahead of God.” I became angry with this Elder because “I was only doing exactly what God wanted me to do..” I was leading and coordinating the prayer effort for this mission trip. I would use the Armor of God from Ephesians 6 and ask God for angelic protection, but my pride and ego got in the way. Our example is in the humility of Jesus Christ and his example of washing the feet of the disciples in John 13:1-20 especially v. 14 “If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another’s feet.”


It’s not about what we do or even what we do for Him. It’s all about what He can do with us as “yielding” and persons with broken hearts and contrite spirits. (Psalm 34:18, 51:17) He called me to this work and to the coordination of the prayer effort for the mission trip. I experienced an attack of a fraction of a second of pure hate, spite, anger, vengeance. What would have been directed at my friends on this mission trip was then directed back at me. God and the Holy Spirit attempted to warn me, but I disregarded and did not understand the warnings. The glory belongs to Christ alone and the Holy Spirit, not to what I could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment