Labels

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Seeking Endowment in Zion--An Introduction

God, peace, blessings, and endowment be with you!

I am a member of the Community of Christ church and a seeker after the endowment (and Great Endowment) of the Spirit of God here in this place, this "Centerplace" of Zion, known as Independence, Missouri.

I am also a fan of IHOP-KC (International House of Prayer in Kansas City). I attempted to become an intern in their Intro to IHOP-KC program. I was accepted for the Fall 2009 Intro to IHOP internship. I was unable to attend due to insufficient funds. I followed with great interest the "student awakening" that broke out at IHOP-KC on November 11 with students in a class. I nearly could have been a part of this "student awakening". About a month or so after acceptance, I received a letter in which they (IHOPU) rescinded their acceptance of me into their internship program. It really bothered me until I could finally meet with Terry M. who is in charge of the Admissions for IHOPU (IHOP University) or their Bible College. In the process of seeking an explanation for this change of mind, I was finally able to find closure and claim a testimony or testimonies. It is my belief that God showed a small miracle in that I was accepted without hiding who I am and what church I attend. God provided a small miracle similar to the ones associated with Brother Andrew who in the book, God's Smuggler, prayed for seeing eyes to be blind as he smuggled Bibles in to the Iron Curtain. IMHO, God showed me that He could have had me at IHOPU if he wanted me there; He does not. IMO, God wants me at Faith Bible College, a small evangelical school subtitled "School of the Prophets" and "School of Spirit" which is affordable on my fixed income and more convenient than IHOPU.

Getting back to this "student awakening" at IHOP, one of the leaders claims a testimony with a link to Jonathan Edwards who was critical in the First Great Awakening in early American History. I find it significant that the Restoration or Latter Day saint movement came out of the Second Great Awakening. In my humble opinion, this is a time that God is doing an amazing work of gathering of persons, ideas, and other things to set up for a Restoration awakening or the Great Endowment spoken of by the likes of Earl Curry, Arthur Oakman, Israel Smith, and others. I think this will be a time of the coming down of Restoration Movement group (Community of Christ, RLDS, LDS, Restoration, Remnant, Temple Lot, and more) walls to start to bring together this divided body of Christ.

Critical in my humble opinion is the practice of night and day prayer in this sacred area. The area is occupied by those who hold this area (original Temple lot of 60+ acres) sacred--Community of Christ, Temple Lot, LDS. To experience the Great Endowment, I believe a key to this will be for the Restoration Movement groups to join in night and day prayer in and around this sacred area. In my humble opinion, we can then see the physical manifestation of our dreams in the form of Zion, not as just a spiritual condition, but AS A PHYSICAL REALITY FOR THIS DAY AND THIS TIME AND THIS PLACE--PEOPLE OF ONE HEART AND ONE MIND WITH NO POOR AMONG THEM AND WITH CHRIST IN OUR MIDST.

2 comments:

  1. Amen!! I had a prophetic dream several years ago. In this dream I was shown a church revival. As the people were worshiping our Lord I saw a shaft of light shine down on this revival. When the shaft of light reached them it exploded and the entire region was showered in the Holy Spirit.

    I see this as an endowment dream. Prepare for it is coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Revival might be seen as an endowment of the Spirit (little e) while the Great Endowment would be way beyond revival unless you mean a world-wide revival. The Great Endowmnent is necessary for Zion period. We cannot have Zion without an endowed people--meaning all persons--priesthood and non-priesthood (all disciples)--men and women, boys and girls, all ages, all races, all groups.

    ReplyDelete