Labels

Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday the 13th: Luck or Blessing?!?

Today is Friday the 13th.....I do NOT believe in luck (either good or bad)....there is either blessed or not blessed, and if you are not blessed then you are not in God's Will the way you need to be....in tithing, in relationships, in humility, in seeking, in loving.....this day is based on the King of France having it in for the wealthy and powerful Templars.

Breaking mirrors, walking under ladders (just kind of dumb), having black cats cross your path is having faith in superstition, in bad luck. I have faith in God. I have faith in Christ. I have faith in Holy Spirit.

One of my biggest pet peeves is to see someone ordained to ministry or set apart for some kind of ministry and watch persons congratulate them, give them best wishes, and say "Good luck." We do not even pay attention to what we are saying many times. "Good Luck!" with a ministry from God. How about "God be with you!", "I'll be praying for you.", "God bless you and your ministry."

Over the last year or more, I've worked hard to eliminate luck or superstition and associated sayings from my vocabulary and life. I challenge believers to believe in Christ and not believe in luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment