Labels

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bible Prophecy I Final

Randall Q. Lawrence
Faith Bible College
Sis. B
11/28/2011

Bible Prophecy I Final: Abrahamic & New Covenant & meanings

Galatians 3:29 states, “And if you are Christ’s then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” This above verse connects the New Covenant of Christ with the promise and covenant of Abraham (found in Genesis 12 & 15 respectively). The promise of Abraham is found in Genesis 12:1-3 “….Get out of your country, From your family And from your father’s house To a land that I will show you….And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

I can relate to the above—not that I am saying that I have a calling like Abraham to be a “father to multitudes” (meaning of Abraham) and in him and through his line (line to Jesus Christ) then all the people and world will be blessed. I felt the Spirit of God calling me out to Missouri in 1996 when I first visited this area. I resisted this call for 11 years until 2007 when all the doors closed in Ohio and the only open door was in moving to Missouri. I left my family in Ohio, but I have now established a new family here in Missouri with my wife Peggy (7-16-2010), with her children Jon & Anna, and with many friends and church family in the area and in many other areas around the country. The Holy Spirit working in our lives allows us to become a blessing to ourselves, our families, our churches, and our communities.

Jesus promised in John 8:39, “…If you were Abraham’s children, you would do the works of Abraham.” Abraham walked in tremendous faith with his covenant with God and with the promises of God as a prophetic founding patriarch of God. Jesus connected His New Covenant with His followers to being “children of Abraham”—children of promise and covenant as faithful and Spirit-filled disciples of Jesus. There is 36 references to Abraham in the 4 Gospels and like 40 more references in the rest of the New Testament besides all the O.T. references. When Scripture connects things and repeats things like connections and relationships (like about 250 total references) then this is something which we need to pay attention to in our walk with Jesus and Holy Spirit. The New Covenant of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the Cross was hidden, hinted at, pointed to, inside “types and shadows” in the Old Covenant—for example Isaiah 53 “The Suffering Servant” and Psalm of David # 22. This covenant and my walk and calling of Jesus in my life mean everything to me, to my family. An important understanding of this is found in the relationship of Abraham to God and others, God’s Covenant with Abraham, God’s Promises with Abraham, and the example of Abraham. Father Abraham is important for so much more than just in being an ancestor of Jesus. The near sacrifice of Isaac, the fulfillment of the long awaited promise to Abraham & Sarah, in of itself, points so precisely to the sacrifice/crucifixion of Jesus Christ (“His Only Begotten” in John 3:16) by God the Father. I now have a greater appreciation to my Lord and Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ along with a spiritual “father” and example in Abraham. We are called as “children of Abraham” and ambassadors/brothers/friends of Jesus Christ. Hallelujah!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment